Mirage Hardwood Floor: Pricing
Note that we can only supply this product into the Sudbury area and North.
The Price for Mirage Hardwood Flooring is based on four things
- Wood Species: With the exception of White Oak and maybe Walnut, that are more expensive at least today, the traditional species of Maple, Red Oak and Hickory are relatively the same per square foot, for the same product.
- Width of Floor: This is the single biggest line item that affects pricing .. wider is always more…. Least expensive floor is a classic 3.25″ , then 5″ wide and increasing significantly as you consider 6 1/2″ and 7 3/4″.
- Stained or Natural: A stained floor will typically cost about $.60-.85/foot more than its “natural” cousin, after all it has to go through one extra finishing step…. likewise if you chose a floor that is textured
- Construction Method: Classic solid wood, Engineered or Floating
Classic solid wood flooring is always a less expensive option but then its only 3 1/4″ wide… so the price benefit has more to do with it’s narrower geometry than its construction. The plywood and trubalance engineered flooring similar in price, and I’d guess that in the future the plywood version will be discontinued. A floated floor is slightly less costly but the savings are more related to self-installation than a reduced product cost.
Bottom Line on Pricing:
- domestic woods, in natural colours 3.5″ wide are the least costly and run +/- $6.50-7.00/foot
- Contrary to what some of our competitors would like you to believe, 90% of Mirage Hardwood Floors are $7.00 – $10.00 per foot
- Add to this, that Mirage Floors have NO waste and that saves you another 10-20% on the cost when you don’t have to pay for firewood.
I know, because after selling 15 brands of hardwood flooring for over 30 years of business I’ve seen hardwood flooring stuffed into a box and sold that I wouldn’t install in my back shed. This is the “extra” wood or “wastage” that some stores suggest you need, not because of installation waste, but rather because of inaccurate milling and thus getting culled out at the time of installation.
How Do You Save Money?
- Buy Mirage, and you won’t have to replace it in your lifetime (OK I’m VERY biased, but for good reason!)
- Do your own measuring. Know what you need in square footage! Add one box for trimming and for replacement boards down the road but that should be it!
- Had a customer in the other day that had been told she needed 900 square feet, we finished the same job with only 760 square feet, explain that math????? We saved her $1500 according to her calculations and she bought the best hardwood flooring on the market.
- Count the boxes of flooring on delivery.
- Keep the industry honest by knowing you got what you paid for.
- Come see us, …
For more information.
- Contact Us via email
- Visit our store, come see our products. …more info here
- Give us a call for more great info: 705-522-5728 Lacasse Fine Wood Products
- Mirage Wood Flooring Manufacturer’s Site
NOTE: we can only sell Mirage flooring into the Sudbury District as a condition of our distribution agreement.