Casing & Baseboard
Most of these mouldings are carried in stock in Oak, maple and poplar, a great wood for painting. On special order we are able to manufacturer them in almost any type of wood, as long as we can get the wood.
NEW OPTIONS: given the design trend towards more “shaker” style mouldings, we do now make casing and baseboard with a 45* or 32* bevel, and one the is beveled with a “notch” , just haven’t had time to add to this page, so just ask and we can provide you with a sample …. we also have a number of reproduction patterns and knives, that we have made over the years, so send a drawing or photo and we can see what’s possible Contact US
SIZE: 3/4″ x 2 1/2″
– sold in random length bundles or individual 7′ pieces.
Application: A casing is typically used around doors and windows. Because doors are typically 7′ high, to reduce wastage and make sure you get enough 7′ legs for either side of your door, we can create “a set” that includes 2 pieces 7′ & 1 piece ~3′ or so to complete one side of one door… just need to give us a list of your door sizes and the knowledge of whether you need casing for one side, or BOTH sides. For windows it is less important to get specific sizes because usually you need lots of different lengths and can cut to get the best yield as you trim out each window, starting with the largest and working towards the smallest pieces needed. Thus for windows, most clients buy bundles of random length casing 3′-12′.
3 1/2″ Colonial Baseboard
Size: 11/16″ x 3 1/2″
– sold based on random footage from 3′-12′, up to 16′ in poplar for painted mouldings, approximately 120′ per bundle
– you usually design a baseboard to be somewhat higher than its matching casing and slightly thinner so that it backsets itself from the rounded edge of the casing where it meets at the bottom of the door frame.
5″ Colonial Baseboard
Size: 11/16 x 5″
– sold based on random footage from 3′-12′, approximately 70′ per bundle
#1020 Step Casing
Size: 3/4″ x 2 1/2″
-sold in random lengths 3-12′ or in 7’pieces . Door sets can be custom created as suggested above for standard and oversized doors.
#1120 Step Baseboard
Size: 11/16″ x 4 1/4″
– sold based on random footage from 3′-12′, approximately 100′ per bundle
#1730 Back Band
Size: 3/4″ * 1 3/8″
Sold in random lengths 3-12′ and 7 1/2′ lengths for doors…. it is most often used as a secondary trim around exterior edge of the casing.